Blogging from Kaingaroa

April 18, 2005

Mt. Luxmore

This is me on Mount Luxmore, the highest point on the Kepler Track, and those are the Southern Alps all around. The second day of the track was almost entirely across a series of ridge tops, and yes parrots live up here. The morning was very cloudy and atmospheric, with a sea of white being pierced by black rocks, both across the valley and in the far, far distance. Around the time I reached the top of Luxmore, the sky started to clear and I could see all of the
mountain ranges, plus I could look straight down onto Lake Te Anau and Lake Manpouri. I had intended to keep moving, but I ended up sitting up there for a couple hours, taking in the view. I also got to meet an Iraq War veteran and hear a bit about that. The day yielded a number of good pictures, but I will limit myself to one that features everyone's favorite subject: me.



Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers from Montreal.

The pictures are amazing. Living vicariously through world travelers is quite the ride ! i am enjoying the trip.

Peace,
Jeremy

3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home