Blogging from Kaingaroa

May 14, 2005

Kayaking in Coromandel

The next day I came back with a kayak and visited a lot of the same spots. A lot slower, and I covered less ground, but you can enjoy the quiet and marvel at the clear waters more fully. Unfortunately, the weather turned sour while I was pretty far from my ending point. The wind whipped up until the water was white-tipped and was coming into my kayak. It was rather stressful trying to make it back, and of course it was a headwind. At times I was paddling fiercely and only maintaining my position. That part was not fun at all.

That's Shakespeare's cliff in the background, where Captain Cook came to make celestial observations, which was the official reason for his exploration of New Zealand and circumnavigation of the globe.

Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home